SIM Materials Forum 2022
On this page you can find the presentations of the speakers during the SIM Mateirals Forum 2022. The presentations are sorted by topic. Not all presentations are listed. Only if we got permission from the speakers, the presentations were added to the list.
Climate, Clean Energy & Mobility
- Jan Helsen (Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel): Cost reduction of wind energy by a better understanding and prediction of premature bearing failures
- Sophia Buckingham (Senior Research Engineer at von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics): Correlation between weather-related extreme events and the degradation of wind turbine critical components
- Patrice Perreault (Associate Professor at University of Antwerp): Material expert challenges in the hydrogen economy: light element – heavy stuff
- Momo Safari & Annick Hubin (SIMBA consortium partners): Sustainable and Innovative Materials for BAtteries
- Karen Hemelsoet (Business Developer at Ghent University): Can additive manufacturing lead to an improved performance for electrical machines?
- Wim Van Paepegem (Professor at Ghent University): A guided tour of NonDestructive Testing (NDT) techniques for fast and reliable quality inspection of industrial parts and components
- Bart Catrysse (CFO at QustomDot): A Quantum dot technology platform for color-conversion and IR sensing
- Gert Nelissen (Product development manager at Borit NV): Scale-up of manufacturing of metal bipolar plates. Find the HQ plant video of slide 7 here.
- Baptiste Cowez (Deputy Site Manager Orbix Belgium): CARBSTONE, the circular CCU&S solution from Orbix
- Lukas Arnout (Managing Director ResourceFull): Alkali activated binders made from Flemish slag
- Johan Pauwels (R&D Manager at Deceuninck): Recycling and Valorisation of post-consumer PVC
- Yiannis Pontikes (Associate professor at KU Leuven): Going beyond traditional cements: options for sustainable, designed-for-purpose, “Made in Belgium” binders
Modelling & Digitalisation
- Hunor Etele Erdélyi (Research Engineer Senior Manager at Siemens Digital Industries Software): The role of simulation in Materials Engineering: from Material Design, over Manufacturing process simulation to part scale performance prediction
- Tine Baelmans (Vice Rector for Educational Policy at KU Leuven): Automated design optimization of advanced 3D-printed heat exchangers
- Tom Tourwé (Head of AI at Oqton): Oqton – Artificial Intelligence, Applied
- Léopold Mottet (Project Manager at FLAMAC): Digitalisation and modelling in need of trustworthy process data: High Throughput experimentation becomes vital